Monday, February 3, 2014

Day 34 | Courage

Prompt: What does 'courage' mean to you? When have you been courageous for yourself? What have you been courageous for others?

 
Stephanie |  I believe there are several ways to show courage. One way to show courage is to do something you are afraid to do but do it anyway. We often let fear stop us from doing what we want or whats right because of what people will think or other various consequences. Courage is pushing beyond that fear, accepting the outcome and doing it anyway. I have a hard time standing up for myself out of fear of hurting the relationship between myself and others. This is something I have always struggled with. It takes a lot of courage for me to speak my mind and share my views when they are different from certain people, but I refuse to let others push me to be or do what they want to benefit them. I will sacrifice my relationship with someone when I don't believe or agree what they are doing is right. This can be extremely difficult and not desired, but ultimately necessary.

Annetta | Courage is a beautiful & scary thing. It requires you to go where people rarely want go. It's the moments where you want to run, but the only place to go is forward. I had to give birth to my son at almost the cost of my life. After he was born I fought for my life more than once & faced my fears by going under a breathing tube while still being awake. I am here & I am courageous! 


2 comments:

  1. Hi ladies! I am loving your daily blog posts. I have been inspired to start a new journal for the year. My previous two journals were a Smash book and then a handmade art journal (http://therosylife.blogspot.com/2014/01/finished-my-first-art-journal.html). I'm interested this time in doing more of a book, like you gals are. What blank journals do you recommend?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sara! That is a great question! We've both done some research on our journals and a few great blank journals are a moleskine, Global Art Materials Watercolor Book or Dyan Reaveley's Dylusions Creative Journal. Those three are the best choices out there.

      Delete

09 10