Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Day 57 | Regrets

Prompt: Tell me about something you regret. Then after tell me about what letting go of this regret would do for your well being.

Or tell me about a mistake you have made in your life. Big or small. What happened? Was it really that bad? Beneath it tell me at least 3 good things to come out of the situation. Circumstances, experiences, lessons learned or any new opportunities?


Annetta | Last year I went to a conference. It was amazing & at a life changing moment I made the worst mistake. When I am too overwhelmed with strong emotions, all my guards go down & I no longer possess any sense of etiquette. This was one of those moments. I came up to a leader whom I admired greatly & asked her the one thing you never ask a woman. I wanted to pay her a compliment, but it went wrong on so many levels & I crashed into a million pieces. The situation was made worse by her personal story. I cried for HOURS at the sheer pain of my words which was made worse by her story. I bitterly regret my words with all my heart. It's been such a hard lesson for me at her expense. 


Stephanie | I wouldn't say I have any regrets. Each thing we do in life, whether good or bad, shapes us and changes our course in life. If I were to say I regretted something I've done, it would feel like I regret my whole from that point. Every consequence, every opportunity, from that one moment. I accept everything in my life, all the good and all the bad. I wrote before that I wouldn't change anything from my past, everything I have done and been through has lead me to this point. Each thing we do in our lives we have a reason for doing it at that time. Sure there are moments I don't favor, but I have learned and grown from them all.  "If its good, its wonderful, if its bad, its experience" -Victoria Holt



No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10